We're continuing the rockstar lineup of the Sunshine Chasers guest posters today! Today we have Christina from The Social Butterfly Gal giving us all the details on how to make San Antonio an awesome destination...even in the summertime! I'm ready to hop a plane down to Texas, so I know you will be too. Here are the top 5 San Antonio summer activities. Take it away, Christina!
Summertime is one of the best times to visit Texas, especially the city of San Antonio. Not only are our San Antonio Spurs usually in the NBA playoffs, but there is always something fun and exciting to do in the Alamo city. Since I started my Digital PR business, I get to attend a lot of events around town. You could say I know a lot of the hip and cool places to hang out. So, if you’re planning on coming on down to Texas, preferably San Antonio, here are some things you can do for under $20!
Top 5 San Antonio Summer Activities
- Take a private or group tour of Rebecca Creek Distillery In the mood for some fine Texas whiskey and vodka? Rebecca Creek Distillery is the place for you! Located in the San Antonio, Texas Hill Country, Rebecca Creek Distillery is one of North America’s largest craft distilleries. They offer free tours on Fridays from 4-7p.m and Saturdays from noon-5p.m. If you would love to do a private tour, it is only $13 for a minimum of 10 people!
- Get your boot scoot and boogie on at a country dance hall Yes, us Texans LOVE to two-step so grab a pair of cowboy boots and head on over to Cowboys Dance Hall, Wild West or Thirsty Horse Saloon.
- The Pearl Farmers MarketThe Pearl Farmers Market is located directly in front of the historic Brewhouse and now extends through Avenue A along the Pearl Parkway. The market hosts over 40 vendors every Saturday and Sunday rain or shine with products ranging from farm fresh produce and dairy, to honey, salsas and gourmet candies. You can visit some of the shops and grab a great latte at Local Coffee while you’re at it.
- Take a river tour on the River Walk Get whisked away in the 35-minute, informative tour along the world-famous San Antonio Riverwalk. Rio San Antonio Cruises River Tours are available daily and are only $10.00 a person!
- Remember the Alamo: Take the Battlefield Tour Guided by Alamo History Interpreters, the Official Alamo Battlefield Tour traces the outline of the original fort, through current day Alamo Plaza, as it was at the time of the famous battle in 1836. Visit the area of the north wall where Colonel Travis spent his final moments. Stand in the spot at the wooden palisade where David Crockett fought so valiantly. This 1 hour guided walking tour gives a detailed, in-depth history of the events at the Alamo complex and is recommended for ages 13 and up. The Battlefield Tour is $15 per person. (Don’t forget to say hi to Bella the Alamo Cat while you’re there)
Christina is the owner of the Digital PR firm + blog The Social Butterfly Gal. She helps creatives build savvy, sustainable digital strategies so their brand pops. In between the sips of coffee, social media notifications and writing, you will find her being a social butterfly- attending various networking and local events around San Antonio, Tx. Connect with her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @ChristinaJOchoa and Snapchat @Christina2224.
- Have you ever been to San Antonio? Share your experience below!