Welcome to the show notes for the first episode of the Sunshine Chasers podcast! Episode one is dedicated to being a beginner, and we've got the perfect guest for this topic. Meet Laura from Outdoor Beginner!
When Laura was really jumping into outdoor activities, she couldn't find any resources actually written by a beginner, so she made her own. We share a goal of making the outdoors accessible and beginner friendly. And we talk about all kinds of good stuff in this episode:
- Some of our favorite beginner resources.
- How it actually feels to try something for the first time and the mental challenges that come along with that.
- Some barriers that stand in the way of us trying things and how to break them down.
- Plus! Her every day job has to do with outdoor spaces, so she shares some insight there too.
Here are the list of links and goodies we talk about in the episode that you may want access to:
- We fan girl over Heather at Just A Colorado Gal
- Kelly from Run Selfie Repeat gets a shoutout
- We get to hear about Laura's first time mountain biking
- Check out the (awesome!) non profit she works for: Great Outdoors Colorado
- Laura shares her love for REI classes and the Force of Nature campaign
- Looking for a trail running group in Golden, CO? Look no further!
- Laura's favorite mountain and county to play
- Just so you have them: the leave no trace principles
- We talk a bit about trail building and maintenance, especially Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado