I originally "met" Sara Beth during a Twitter chat about getting outside. It was an instant follow and from there I knew I wanted to have her on Sunshine Chasers. And I am so glad she said yes!
This episode is so good and perfectly embodies what Sunshine Chasers is about. We're talking:
- Rackers, for starters! I obviously gush about her adventure pup
- Some of her favorite experiences in US National Parks, and not just the capital N capital P ones either!
- Why the industry needs to get its act together when it comes to encouraging participation outdoors for people of all body types and abilities
We talked about a bunch of great resources in this episode and here's where you'll find links to all of 'em!
- Any D.C. area explorers out there? Sara Beth loves the Northern Virginia Park system, Theodore Roosevelt Island, the Billy Goat Trail, and suggests a different way to see the monuments at night
- Have you taken the 52 hike challenge?
- Figure out what the heck a Twitter chat is and here are 6 to try for you outdoor-lovers!
- Sara Beth's husband gets a million gold stars for a phenomenal surprise trip for her birthday
- Calling your representatives just got a bit less intimidating - check out 5 calls for those issues on which you want to voice your opinion
- If you're financially able, Sara Beth recommends donating to the National Park Conservation Association or the National Park Foundation (or your local park's group!). If you'd rather donate your time, Volunteer.gov is a great place to start your search for volunteer opportunities
- Check out the episode for why Sara Beth loves Columbia, REI, JCPenney, and Kohl's for her outdoor wear!
- Looking for a community embracing body liberation in the outdoor community? Check out Fat Girls Hiking
- Some more Sunshine Chasers for you to follow (and maybe hear on a future podcast!): Lauren Danner, Nature Tech Fam, and Scott Jones
- Looking for a challenge? Sara Beth's National Park Checklist could be right up your alley!