If you love the National Parks, you’re in luck for this episode. If you also happen to be a runner? Well, then we’ve got a match made in heaven today! We're talking to Bill Sycalik about his Running the Parks project.
Bill has got a ton of miles under his feet working on a project to run a marathon in all of the United States National Parks, and this is a great story to listen to on your next long run! When you press play, you're going to hear us talk about a bunch more, too.
- Running (obviously!) Why he loves it now, the community behind it, and more.
- Giving yourself permission to slow down.
- Different mindset shifts he's experienced at different points of his life.
- How and why his National Park project got started.
If you were listening in and you're visiting this page to find out more about any of the resources we talked about in the show, look no further!
- First and foremost: if you're going to be in the same place as one of his future runs...go run with him!
- Here's a link to his crowdfunding page if you're interested.
- Some of his favorite US National Parks: Kings Canyon, Death Valley, Mount Rainier, North Cascades. Yes, please.
- His two organizations he supports are the National Parks Conservation Association and the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.